WELCOME BUILDING CORPORATION
Last Updated: October 20, 2020
IF YOU ARE USING THE SERVICES FROM OUTSIDE THE UNITED STATES, YOU FURTHER AGREE TO THE USE, COLLECTION, PROCESSING, AND STORAGE OF YOUR PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION IN THE UNITED STATES OR OTHER COUNTRIES, AND YOU ALSO AGREE THAT SUCH PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION WILL BE SUBJECT TO THE PRIVACY LAWS AND OTHER LAWS OF THESE COUNTRIES.
WHAT WE COLLECT
We get information about you in a range of ways.
Information You Give Us.
We collect your name, postal address, email address, phone number, username, password, demographic information (such as your gender and occupation) as well as other information you directly give us when you register for the Services (“Account Information”).
We also process financial information such as your credit card when you order Services in order to facilitate the processing of payments (“Payment Information”).
Information Automatically Collected.
We automatically log information about you, your computer or your mobile device when you visit the Website or access the Services (“Non-Personal Information”). For example, when visiting the Website, we log your computer operating system type, browser type, browser language, pages you viewed, how long you spent on a page, access times and information about your use of and actions on the Website. If you use a mobile device to access the Services we may collect device information (such as your mobile device ID, model and manufacturer), operating system, version information and IP address.
Information We Get From Others.
We may get information about you from other sources. We may add this to information we get from the Website or your use of the Services.
Cookies and Web Beacons.
We employ technologies such as clear gifs (a.k.a. Web Beacons), tags and scripts to help us better manage content by informing us what content is effective. Clear gifs are tiny graphics with a unique identifier, similar in function to cookies, and are used to track online usage metrics. In contrast to cookies, which are stored on a user’s computer or device, clear gifs are embedded invisibly on web pages. We do tie the information gathered by clear gifs to personally identifiable information.
USE OF INFORMATION
We use your personally identifiable information as follows:
- We use your Account Information and Payment Information to provide our Services to you.
- We use your Account Information to respond to comments and questions and provide customer service.
- We use your Account Information to send information including confirmations, invoices, technical notices, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages.
- We use your Account Information to provide and deliver products and services customers request.
- We may use your email to communicate about promotions, upcoming events, and other news about products and services offered by us and our selected partners.
- We may use your Account Information to link or combine user information with other personally identifiable information.
- We may use your Account Information to protect, investigate, and deter against fraudulent, unauthorized, or illegal activity.
We use Non-Personal Information for the purposes of analyzing use of the Services and for internal business purposes.
We also aggregate any information we receive in anonymized form (meaning after having stripped this information of personally identifying characteristics) (“Anonymized Data”) to compile analytics, understand trends and customer needs.
SHARING OF INFORMATION
We may share personal information as follows:
- In order to provide services to you. We share personally identifiable information about you to provide our Services to you.
- With your consent. We may share personally identifiable information about you with your consent. For example, you may let us share your name, address and/or email with others for their own marketing uses. Those uses will be subject to their privacy policies.
- Business transfers. We may share personally identifiable information about you when we do a business deal, or negotiate a business deal, involving the sale or transfer of all or a part of our business or assets. These deals can include any merger, financing, acquisition, or bankruptcy transaction or proceeding.
Legal obligation or protection from harm. We may share any personally identifiable information about you for legal, protection, and safety purposes.
- We may share information to comply with laws.
- We may share information to respond to lawful requests and legal processes.
- We may share information in an emergency. This includes protecting the safety of our employees and agents, our customers, or any person.
- Our Service providers. We may share information with those who need it to do work for us or third parties that perform services for us or on our behalf, including payment processing, data analysis, email delivery, hosting services, customer service, and marketing assistance.
- Partners with whom we conduct business. We may share your information with our business partners to offer you certain products, services or promotions.
INFORMATION CHOICES AND CHANGES
You may access, review, change, delete and update the Account Information and Payment Information you have submitted to us at any time via your account on the Website. You may close or request that we delete your Welcome Homes account at any time by emailing us at [email protected].
You may also request that we limit use or limit the disclosure of personal information by emailing us at [email protected].
Our marketing emails tell you how to “opt-out.” If you opt out, we may still send you non-marketing emails. Non-marketing emails include emails about your accounts and our business dealings with you.
You can typically remove and reject cookies from the Website with your browser settings. Many browsers are set to accept cookies until you change your settings. If you remove or reject our cookies, it could affect how the Website works for you.
While we will use commercially reasonable efforts to remove your personally identifiable information, some information will be retained. For example, some information may be retained on a backup server or media, which is necessary to help ensure the continued availability of the Services. We will also retain personally identifiable information when it is necessary for providing the Services, for compliance with a legal obligation, or for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims.
CONTROLS FOR DO-NOT-TRACK FEATURES
The Services may contain references, frames, links and other functionality that connect with certain internet websites, applications or resources, or social media platform or services maintained by third parties ("Links"). These Links are provided for your convenience only. You acknowledge and agree that we are not responsible or liable for: (i) the availability or accuracy of such websites or resources; or (ii) the content, features, products, services, privacy policies or terms of service on or available from such websites or resources. Links to such websites or resources do not imply any endorsement by us of such websites or resources or the content, products, or services available from such websites or resources, or its owners, sponsors or operators.
You acknowledge sole responsibility for and assume all risk arising from your use of any such websites or resources or the content, products or services on or available from such websites or resources, privacy policies or terms of service of any other third party, including, without limitation, any Social Networking Services.
We are very serious about keeping your personally identifiable information safe. We provide reasonable and appropriate security measures to protect the personally identifiable information submitted to us, both during transmission and upon receipt. However, the Internet is not a secure environment and we do not warrant that personally identifiable information may not be accessed, copied, disclosed, altered, or destroyed by breach despite the security protections undertaken by us. We cannot guarantee the absolute security of your personally identifiable information. No data transmission or storage system can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. If you have any questions about security on the Website and the Services, you can email us at [email protected].
POLICY TOWARD CHILDREN
We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under the age of 16, and you must be 16 years of age or older in order to establish an account with Welcome Homes or otherwise use the Services. In the event you become aware that an individual under the age of 16 has enrolled, please contact us immediately at [email protected] and we will remove their information from our system immediately.
Welcome Building Corporation
41 Madison Ave, Floor 33
New York City, New York 10010
41 Madison Ave, Floor 33
New York City, New York 10010