Welcome is changing the way people buy real estate, and we want you to help build Welcome! We are a fast-growing, venture-backed startup building new homes that are purchased online, customized, and delivered in six months at an incredible value.
We are looking for a Corporate Paralegal to support the sales and business operations of Welcome. You will contribute to the legal team’s growth and ability to provide efficient and effective support to the entire Welcome team. You will be responsible for tracking internal requests for the legal team and improving our intake and response process. You will conduct legal research, complete legal forms, edit and format documents, and maintain records. To be successful in this role, you will be highly attuned to detail, resourceful, organized, and proactive.
· Assist with implementing and maintaining an intake and response process for the legal team.
· Create and maintain business records for the Company.
· Generate template contracts and manage correspondence throughout the contract process with customers and outside parties.
· Assist with completing legal forms, such as business registrations.
· Assist Engineering with completing permitting applications.
· Review contract documents to ensure consistency and correct formatting.
· Work across teams to assemble and proofread contract documents.
· Research factual issues using Lexis Nexis and other reference sources.
· Manage builders risk insurance and warranty enrollments for new home builds.
You will be expected to have:
· A bachelor’s or associate’s degree in any field. Paralegal certification is a plus.
· In-house corporate or real estate experience a plus.
· Experience using Lexis Nexis or similar database.
· Strong attention to detail.
· Excellent writing and grammar abilities.
Every employee receives:
- Competitive salary
- Stock options
- Unlimited vacation policy
- Full health benefits
- New laptop and office supplies for a WFH setup*
- $50/month towards online fitness apps or gym memberships
- $1,000/year towards continuing education
*Optional: We offer every employee the option to own all equipment purchases through our 50/50 program. The company will contribute 50% towards the laptop’s total price and the employee will pay for the remaining 50% and will own it.
Full Time | Hybrid | New York, NY
Who We Are:
Welcome Homes makes it easier and more affordable for home buyers to build a newly constructed home without having to deal with delays and all of the headaches of coordinating with contractors, architects, and the many parties involved. We handle it all and streamline the entire process for the home owner from land selection to construction!
The upside potential for Welcome Homes is limitless. Home construction is one of the hardest operational challenges to scale and our vision is to offer Welcome homes on a global level. We are placing a massive bet to disrupt the world's largest asset class - residential real estate - to provide home buyers an experience that they finally deserve.
Empowerment at any level - Give people more responsibility and let them surprise you - Investments into Personal Growth - Transparency - Love our customers