Welcome Homes is changing the way people buy homes and we invite you to be part of the build! We are a fast-growing, venture-backed startup constructing new homes that are purchased online, customized by the customer, and then delivered in as little as 6 months at an incredible value.
We are looking for an Architect / Draftsperson who will be charged with managing the Revit coordination for permit sets, new home model design drafting, interior design, and responding to RFI’s in support of existing client builds to their successful completion.
- Revit coordination with Architectural, MEP, and Structural consultants for new projects
- Answering RFIs on existing projects
- Interior Design to coordinate with rendering consultants and design team
- Modeling new home designs in Revit
- Ability to create take offs from Revit schedules and model data efficiently
- Update prototype model homes with any design changes implemented
- Work closely with internal sales, land, and design teams
What you’ll need:
- Exceptional experience as an architect or draftsperson
- Degree in architecture or interior design
- Ability to take Revit home model from concept through schematic design
- Revit proficiency with design options
- Experience with stick built wood frame residential construction preferred
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced start-up environment - this will be nothing like working at an architectural firm
- Practical knowledge of code compliance, construction best practices, and value engineering
- 1-2 days a week in office preferred, willing to consider remote east coast based applicants
Every employee receives:
- Competitive salary
- Stock options
- Unlimited vacation policy
- Full health benefits
- New laptop and office supplies for a WFH setup*
- $50/month towards online fitness apps or gym memberships
- $1,000/year towards continuing education
• Optional: We offer every employee the option to own all equipment purchases through our 50/50 program. The company will contribute 50% towards the laptop’s total price and the employee will pay for the remaining 50% and will own it.
• *Please note: Welcome has implemented a mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy to help facilitate a safer workplace for its team members and the greater community. Exemptions to this policy may be provided to individuals for religious beliefs or medical reasons
Full Time | New York, NY
Who We Are:
Welcome Homes makes it easier and more affordable for home buyers to build a newly constructed home without having to deal with delays and all of the headaches of coordinating with contractors, architects, and the many parties involved. We handle it all and streamline the entire process for the home owner from land selection to construction!
The upside potential for Welcome Homes is limitless. Home construction is one of the hardest operational challenges to scale and our vision is to offer Welcome homes on a global level. We are placing a massive bet to disrupt the world's largest asset class - residential real estate - to provide home buyers an experience that they finally deserve.
Empowerment at any level - Give people more responsibility and let them surprise you - Investments into Personal Growth - Transparency - Love our customers